1. 1 tbsp olive oil
2. 1 large onion, roughly chopped
3. 4cm fresh ginger, fine chopped or blended in a food processor
4. 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
5. 2 garlic clove, crushed
6. ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (for a little kick!)
7. 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 2cm squares
8. 300g of pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2cm squares
9. 2 pints vegetable stock
11. Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook until softened. Once softened, add the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes and fry for three minutes.
Stir in the sweet potatoes and pumpkin and stock. Turn up the heat and bring the pan to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup, using a stick blender, until smooth or tip it into a food processor and blend. Be extra careful as the liquid is hot!
Season to taste and serve with some crunchy warm bread or pumpkin seeds. Delish!